- Meet the President
- Governing Board
- Who Here Can Help You
- Mission & Values
- Our History
- Facts and Recent Accomplishments
- Partner Organizations
- Community vs. Private Foundation
- Frequently Asked Questions
We Help You Help Others
The Dayton Foundation is a community foundation that has been helping people help others in the Greater Dayton Region since 1921.
We provide unmatched services, resources, support and counsel to help individuals achieve their charitable giving goals; we assist other nonprofits by funding important initiatives and offering our expertise to help them operate more effectively; and we’re helping build a better Dayton by identifying important issues and bringing together the people and organizations who can solve them.
Whether you are an individual, financial advisor, nonprofit organization or someone wanting to make a difference, The Dayton Foundation can help you help others. Here's how:
- Support What’s Important to You »
- Learn How We’re Making an Impact on our Community »
- Let Us Help You Craft Charitable Solutions for Your Clients »
- Apply for a Grant or access a variety of services to help strengthen your local nonprofit organizations.
The Dayton Foundation at a Glance
(as of June 30, 2016)
- more than 15,600 grants totaling $43.6 million from all funds
- $78.1 million in new contributions
- $483 million in assets
- Nearly 3,500 funds
Read more about the Foundation’s facts and recent accomplishments.
Got a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
IN HER WORDS
“I think the world of Mike Parks and the staff of The Dayton Foundation, and I know that they will use our fund’s charitable dollars wisely. I’m so glad to be doing this for the community that was so good to my husband, Harry, and me.” – Virginia B. Toulmin, who passed away in 2010 and who will be long remembered as a treasured Dayton Foundation donor