- Becoming a Donor
- Why Choose The Dayton Foundation?
- Types of Funds
- What You Can Give
- How to Create a Fund
- Community Impact Endowment Funds
- Advantages of the Charitable Checking Account Service
- Open a Charitable Checking Account Now
- Family FoundationPlus vs. Private Foundation
- Options for People with Disabilities
- For Foundation Donors
- Lend a Helping Hand
Family Foundation Plus℠
We offer several alternatives to establishing a private foundation to help you and your family accomplish your long- and short-term charitable giving goals.
The Dayton Foundation’s Family Foundation Plus is a first-in-the-nation service that offers many of the advantages of a private foundation, plus all of the benefits of a community foundation.
With a minimum threshold of $250,000 and no start-up expenses, Family Foundation Plus is a more economical and less burdensome way to establish a family foundation.
With Family Foundation Plus, you can benefit from:
- donor-directed giving to qualified charities of your choice,
- family involvement through generations,
- no separate annual 990 filings,
- more favorable tax treatment, including significantly greater tax deductibility of donations,
- the ability to give anonymously, if you so choose, and
- no separate accounting or legal fees, among other benefits.
Similar to a private foundation, a Family Foundation Plus fund is invested and participates in market growth. Compare all of the benefits here.
In addition, Family Foundation Plus donors have the added benefit of the Foundation’s experienced staff – grantmaking, investment, administration, charitable gift expertise – to assist them at a fraction of the cost of administering a private foundation.
Click here for a scenario illustrating the benefits of opening a Family Foundation Plus℠ fund.
Download our Family Foundation Plus brochure for more information.
HERE TO HELP
“To tailor a solution to your individual needs and to learn how we can help you help others, talk with me or a member of our Development team.”
– Michelle Lovely,
Senior Vice President of Development and Donor Services, (937) 225-9948