Greenlight Grants are small, quick grants awarded to local, nonprofit organizations in need of funding for special projects, program expansions, capital improvements or capacity building. Greenlight Grants are not for ongoing operations.
- This competitive grant opportunity is designed to fund qualified grant requests from $500 - $7,500.
- All applicants will be notified within two weeks of the deadline as to whether or not a grant has been awarded.
- The size and number of grant awards are directly related to the amount of money available each year and the restrictions donors have placed upon the uses of certain funds.
The Dayton Foundation has designed a streamlined process to help you apply for a Greenlight Grant. Please review the following grant guidelines and application procedures.
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Ensure that your organization is eligible to apply for a Greenlight Grant.
2. Attend the Foundation’s Grant Orientation to learn more about our grant process. Grant orientations are offered twice a year and recommended for all organizations that are planning to apply for a grant.
3. Review the Foundation’s Greenlight Grant guidelines.
4. If your organization does not have an audit, please download and review the Audit Exemption Policy.
6. We have added a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Form as a required document to our Greenlight Grants application process. Please click this link, complete and submit our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Form along with the Greenlight Grants application.
Please Note: Organizations with an open Greenlight Grant or open Dayton Foundation Discretionary Grant are not eligible to apply for a new grant until the final report has been submitted and the grant has been closed.
Whom to Contact for More Information
If you have questions about our grantmaking process, please contact Tania Arseculeratne, community engagement officer, at (937) 225-9966.
2021 Application Deadlines
The Dayton Foundation offers four Greenlight Grant cycles per year.
- Greenlight Grant Cycle One
- Greenlight Grant Cycle Two
- Grants Orientation Program
- June 2021 - CANCELED
- Greenlight Grant Cycle Three
- September 1, 2021 by 4:00 p.m.
- Grants Program Orientation (Virtual)
- November 3, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Greenlight Grant Cycle Four
- December 1, 2021 by 4:00 p.m.
Want to know more about our discretionary grants process? Attend an upcoming Grants Program Orientation.
Looking for additional grant opportunities? See a listing of Foundation funds that accept grant applications.
HERE TO HELP
“We encourage those organizations planning to apply for a discretionary grant to attend our discretionary grants program orientation. There also are a number of endowed funds at The Dayton Foundation that not-for-profit organizations may apply to for grants. Click here for more information.”
– Tania Arseculeratne, community engagement officer, (937) 225-9966