Letter of Intent
The first step in The Dayton Foundation’s discretionary grants application process is to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). The LOI enables you to provide an overview of your project and funding request. Your organization must be a registered 501(c)(3) and serve one or more of the following counties in order to be eligible to receive a grant from The Dayton Foundation: Montgomery, Miami, Greene, Darke, Preble and/or Warren (north) counties.
Click here to access the Letter of Intent. After completing the form, please email it to Tania Arseculeratne. The deadline for completed Letters of Intent is July 7, 2023 by 4:00 p.m.
Policy for Letters of Intent for Vehicle Purchases
Please note: If your organization is seeking funding for the purchase of a van, bus or other vehicle, please demonstrate in your Letter of Intent, or as an addendum, that you have thoroughly researched and exhausted all other existing community transportation options for your clients.
Possible community resources may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Participation in the “Transportation Coordination Council” (managed by RTA) which brokers and coordinates trips.
2. Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission dollars designated for nonprofit transportation for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
3. RTA donates used vehicles (12 last year) and has an application process.
4. RTA offers a “Travel Training Program” for riders who may be unfamiliar with navigating bus transportation. (Also offers a brochure in Spanish about using the RTA system.)
If you have any questions about the form or the discretionary grantmaking process, please contact Tania Arseculeratne at (937) 225-9966.
^ top of page
HERE TO HELP
“We encourage those organizations planning to apply for a discretionary grant to attend our discretionary grants program orientation. There also are a number of endowed funds at The Dayton Foundation that not-for-profit organizations may apply to for grants. Click here for more information.” – Tania Arseculeratne, community engagement officer, (937) 225-9966
- ©2023 The Dayton Foundation
- All rights reserved worldwide.
- (937) 222-0410