#SpreadtheGood With The Dayton Foundation
Celebrating and Sharing the Good Work in the Dayton Region
First Place: The Mosaic Institute
Second Place: SICSA
Third Place: Therapeutic Riding Institute
Thanks to the continued, enthusiastic response from the community, #SpreadtheGood, The Dayton Foundation’s annual photo entry and community challenge, is back for a third year. #SpreadtheGood celebrates the good happening in the region and highlights the organizations whose work may not always make the news, but never ends.
#SpreadtheGood will begin on October 22 (National Making a Difference Day) and end on November 29 (#GivingTuesday) at noon. Individuals and organizations once again will be invited to submit action photos of good deeds happening around the community. Photos may be submitted online between October 22 and November 18. New this year, the Foundation will be replacing the Share to Give Community Challenge with a voting site. Beginning November 21, the community will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite local nonprofit from the photos submitted to receive up to $2,000 in unrestricted grant money to keep the good going (first place – a one-time $2,000 grant; second place – a one-time $1,000 grant; or third place – a one-time $500 grant).
Follow the links below to learn more about how to #SpreadtheGood and review the guidelines for this year’s photo entry and voting:
- How to #SpreadtheGood/Guidelines »
Read this year’s #SpreadtheGood guidelines to ensure that you are eligible for the campaign.
- #SpreadtheGood Online Photo Gallery »
Upload a photo to the #SpreadtheGood Online Photo Gallery and see how others are making a difference.
- Meet our 2016 #SpreadtheGood Ambassador »
Follow these seven community enthusiasts stories of good.
- Marketing Toolkit for Nonprofits »
Download the #SpreadtheGood Marketing Toolkit to help you engage your supporters in the campaign.
- 2015 #SpreadtheGood Grantees »
See how the 2015 #SpreadtheGood Grantees are using the funds to keep the good going.
Want to know how to #SpreadtheGood in the Dayton Region? View our slideshow to learn how to participate, beginning with our online kick-off on October 22 (National Make a Difference Day).
Submitted photos will be shared periodically on the Foundation’s social media pages.
For questions or more information about the #SpreadtheGood campaign, contact Soteria Brown at (937) 225-9959 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How did this campaign impact our community last year? See #SpreadtheGood 2015 by the numbers:
- Helped 40 Dayton-area nonprofits reach over 130,364 people (organically) in one week through the #SpreadtheGood photo album on Facebook
- Collected more than 224 #SpreadtheGood photos shared on social media
- Tallied more than 31,392 photo shares on Facebook
- Awarded a total $3,500 dollars to three local nonprofits organizations: First Place ($2,000): The Mosaic Institute of Greater Dayton, Second Place ($1,000): SICSA (The Society for the Improvement of Conditions for Stray Animals), Third Place ($500): Therapeutic Riding Institute. See how last year’s #SpreadtheGood grant helped these organizations continue to #Spreadthegood.
^ top of page
HERE TO HELP
“Have a question about the initiatives and programs making an impact in our community? We can help.”
– Barbra Stonerock, vice president, Community Engagement, (937) 225-9951.