The Dayton Foundation Awards Five Awards for Excellence in Community Leadership
The Dayton Foundation is pleased to announce the 2022 recipients of the Award for Excellence in Community Leadership. The award recognizes community groups that have established committee-advised funds through The Dayton Foundation and that are affecting change by demonstrating best practices for community organizing, fundraising, collaboration and strategic planning.
Each of the following 2022 award recipients received $500.
- Centerville-Washington Foundation, a Dayton Foundation component fund group since 1998, made strides to promote diversity, equity and inclusion, including awarding a responsive grant to support the growing African refugee population in Centerville and Washington Township;
- Kettering Education Foundation, a Dayton Foundation fund since 1993, made significant progress in cultivating relationships with district leaders and community stakeholders to benefit the Kettering school community;
- Trotwood-Madison Educational Foundation, a fund since 1990, recognized and rewarded the district’s best and brightest at its annual gala;
- West Carrollton Education Foundation, a component fund group since 1989, provided responsive grantmaking that included funding for a dynamic, movable mural that will soon appear in the new high school;
- Visions: An Eye for the Future Fund of the Vandalia-Butler Foundation, a fund since 2003, awarded more than $35,000 in grants last year that will have a significant impact on student’s lives, including an inclusive playground, STEM initiatives and a book vending machine reward program.
“Each group’s efforts, especially during a year filled with special challenges, are worth recognizing for their impact and the deep relationships they’ve cultivated with stakeholders and the community at large,” said Lucy Baker, donor relations officer for The Dayton Foundation. “Our sincere thanks to each recipient for leading the way and serving as a model and resource to other Dayton Foundation component funds.”
The deadline to submit a nomination for the 2023 awards program is February 28, 2023. Any member of the community or advisor to a Dayton Foundation component fund may nominate a Dayton Foundation fund for this award. Nomination forms will be available in January 2023, or by special request to Lucy Baker at (937) 225-9960 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Dayton Foundation
Established in 1921, The Dayton Foundation is the largest grantmaker in Greater Dayton, exceeding $57 million in grants in fiscal year 2021. Since its founding 100 years ago, more than $1.1 billion in grants have been awarded from its more than 4,000 charitable funds with assets totaling $818.7 million. For more information about The Dayton Foundation, visit www.daytonfoundation.org or follow the Foundation on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
Learn how The Dayton Foundation helps area community foundations and education foundations help others.
HERE TO HELP
“Learn more about the committee advised funds and education foundations under the umbrella of The Dayton Foundation.”
– Lucy Baker, donor relations officer, (937) 225-9960