Enhance your corporation’s position in the community and potentially involve your employees in supporting your organization’s larger mission through a corporate-giving fund at The Dayton Foundation. No matter what your company’s size, we will work with you to create a fund that reflects your company’s philanthropic values and business plan, but also provides the level of involvement you wish for your employees.
Customize your corporate-giving fund to fit your needs. You may involve an advisory group of employees that decides when and how much to award from your fund; invest corporate proceeds and award to charities that align with your company’s mission or values; or establish a scholarship fund to help up-and-coming leaders within your company or graduating seniors in Greater Dayton. It’s that simple!
Other Benefits of a Corporate Fund
- Employee empowerment — Many companies involve their employees in the gift contribution and grantmaking process. It builds employee retention and helps attract new talent.
- Flexibility — Assets may be deposited in the tax year when your company needs a charitable deduction, with the flexibility to direct grants to your or your employees’ chosen charities anytime you wish. The convenience of an advised fund enables you to make more significant gifts to your fund in profitable years and sustain the same level of giving to charities in leaner times.
- Ability to use a variety of assets — We accept gifts of cash and appreciated securities, as well as more complex contributions.
- Increased tax advantages — Donate appreciated assets to your fund, avoiding long-term capital gains taxes.
- Grantmaking expertise — We’ll handle your grant recommendations, assuring your chosen nonprofit’s charitable IRS-status, thus alleviating added responsibilities of your staff.
- Simplified tax reporting — Hassle-free record keeping and tax reporting, with quarterly and year-end statements detailing all account activity.
- Give anonymously, if you choose. Grants can be made in your fund name or anonymously.
- Personalized, professional support — Our staff of charitable giving experts is available to handle all of your gift and grant needs.
Scholarships are a great way to help our next generation. Thanks to the African-American Community Fund of The Dayton Foundation, we’re able to influence and provide a means for future nurses in our community who may not otherwise have the financial resources to go to college. Hopefully, our scholarship recipients will make an impact on someone else’s life, just as I have been able to do throughout my career.
With The Dayton Foundation maintaining our fund and handling the administrative aspects, we can focus our time and energy on building community relationships and encouraging our employees to be more involved in our RELX Cares program.
We have partnered with The Dayton Foundation for many years. They make sure that our donations make the most impact in the lives of our fellow citizens and the community as a whole. HEAPY is building a sustainable and resilient future for our community and our clients, but we still need the help of our friends at The Dayton Foundation.