- Meet the President
- Governing Board
- Who Here Can Help You
- Mission & Values
- Our History
- Facts and Recent Accomplishments
- Partner Organizations
- Community vs. Private Foundation
- Frequently Asked Questions
Asian-Indian Community Fund
The Asian-Indian Community Fund (AICF) of The Dayton Foundation serves as an umbrella to charitable funds that facilitate the giving interests of Greater Dayton's Asian-Indian community. The Foundation's charitable-giving expertise can help enhance your family's culture of philanthropy, while providing a lasting legacy for future generations.
AICF offers Asian-Indians an opportunity to establish individual, named funds that, when positioned together under AICF, make a larger philanthropic impact in the Greater Dayton region. Each fund within AICF is independent, allowing you to recommend how contributions to your fund are distributed.
Through AICF and the marketing efforts of The Dayton Foundation, you also have an opportunity to receive greater recognition for your charitable contributions, or you may choose to remain anonymous. The Foundation regularly shares the stories of its donors and the impact of their funds in Foundation publications, website and other media.
Benefits to Opening a Fund Under the Asian-Indian Community Fund
- Streamline your giving, whether locally, nationally or internationally
- Time charitable gifts for greatest tax benefit
- Eliminate capital gains on donated stock
- Personalize your fund name or remain anonymous
- Eliminate the need for multiple receipts at tax time
- Award grants online
- Free or minimal fees
- Create a fund now or as part of an estate plan
Charitable Fund Options
- Charitable Checking AccountSM Service: a free, donor-directed service for primarily short-term charitable giving
- Endowed and Non-Endowed Funds: Donor-Advised, Donor-Designated, Scholarship, Field-of-Interest and Community Impact Endowment (unrestricted)
- Private Foundation Alternatives: Family Foundation PlusSM, a first-in-the-nation service that offers many of the advantages of a private foundation, without the expense or administrative hassle, and Family Foundation Plus-Advised (existing private foundation transfer)
Advisory Board Members
Ashesh Agarwal, Abinash Agarwal, Rakesh Arora, Maneesh Gupta, Rakesh Gupta, Satish Kathula, Nitin Kumbhani, Bhaskar Mukhopadhyay, Ram Nunna, Ratna Palakodeti, M.D.
To open a Charitable Checking Account under the AICF, click here.
To make a gift to the general fund of the Asian-Indian Community Fund, click here.
For more information about establishing a fund through AICF, please contact Michelle Lovely, vice president of Development, or Joe Baldasare, chief development officer, at (937) 222-0410.
IN HIS WORDS
“The Charitable Checking Account Service is so efficient and convenient to use. I highly recommend it for anyone of any giving level. Plus, The Dayton Foundation connects me to the community and has broadened my horizon on the needs in our region.”
- Ratna K. Palakodeti, M.D., Dayton Foundation Governing Board member and donor