Getting Started: Scholarship Application Instructions
The application process for the 2016-2017 academic year is now closed. However, there is a five-day grace period for recommendation letters. These are due no later than March 20, 2016. For questions, click here, to email our Scholarships department.
1. Gather the Following Required Materials.
- FAFSA Electronic Student Aid Report - Must be in PDF format. Apple Pages or Google Docs must be converted into a PDF before upload.
- School transcript – Must be in PDF format.
- References – Names and email addresses of the guidance counselors, teachers and/or administrators, employers or volunteer coordinators who will write letters of recommendation for you.
- Resume – A resume must be submitted with each scholarship application. Click the following links for resume samples. Sample One. Sample two. Sample three.
2. Set Up Your Student Account.
To set up your account, click here.
You will be prompted to enter your email address and create a password. Once you submit your information, you will receive an email confirming your account and access to the General Application. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't see this email in your inbox.
3. Complete the General Application.
Once you have set up your student account, please sign in to complete the General Application.
Please answer the questions carefully and thoroughly. If any required questions are not completed, your application will not be considered.
- You may work on your application over time. To save your work each time you exit, click the "Save and Keep Editing" button.
- To submit your completed application, click the “Finish and Continue” button. If all required questions have been answered, you will see a green check mark. You now may proceed to the next step. If you missed a question, you will be prompted to complete it and resubmit your General Application.
4. Check for Applications Requiring Additional Information.
Many scholarships require you to answer additional questions or to write an essay before determining your final eligibility. Click the "Opportunities" tab to see if you are eligible to apply for one of these scholarships. You will need to submit supplemental information for each additional scholarship.
5. Manage References and Applications.
We recommend that you review your Student Account often to check the status of your applications and manage your references.
When you complete your General Application, each of your references will be sent an email with instructions on how they can upload their letters of recommendation. To check if your references have uploaded their letters, click the "References" button. If you need to remind them, simply click the "Resend" button to send the email again. It is your responsibility to make sure they complete this before the deadline.
The application deadline for all 2016-2017 scholarships has passed; however, there is a
five-day grace period for recommendation letters. These are due no later than March 20, 2016.
Questions or need assistance uploading documents? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (937) 225-9955. We will be happy to assist you.
Are you ready to fill out your ScholarshipCONNECT application? Learn how to navigate the system with our "How To Get Started" video below.