- Becoming a Donor
- Why Choose The Dayton Foundation?
- Types of Funds
- What You Can Give
- How to Create a Fund
- Community Impact Endowment Funds
- Advantages of the Charitable Checking Account Service
- Open a Charitable Checking Account Now
- Family FoundationPlus vs. Private Foundation
- Options for People with Disabilities
- For Foundation Donors
Make Your Charitable Giving Dreams a Reality with the Charitable Checking AccountSM Service
Whether you wish to end hunger, help youth go to college, or ensure that animals have safe, loving homes, we make your charitable dreams come alive.
With a free Charitable Checking Account℠ (CCA) through The Dayton Foundation, you can give to the charities of your choice – locally, nationwide and even internationally. In return, you receive expert, customized service to help you make the most of your charitable dollars. We take care of the details for you, and you collect the tax benefits.
You deposit assets into your CCA, inform The Dayton Foundation to send grants to any IRS-approved charity of your choice and we take care of the rest. There is no minimum or maximum gift or grant requirement. Plus, with our secure Donor Express system, you can do your giving online and on-the-go via your mobile device 24/7. It’s as simple as simple as Click – Give – Done!
To open a Charitable Checking Account online now, click here.
Other benefits of the Charitable Checking Account Service:
- Flexibility: deposit assets in the tax year when you need a charitable deduction, with the flexibility to direct grants to your favorite charities anytime in the future;
- Ability to use a variety of assets: fund your account with gifts of cash, appreciated securities or retirement funds, as well as more complex contributions;
- Increased tax advantages: donate appreciated assets to your CCA, avoiding long-term capital gains taxes;
- Personalized, professional support: a staff of charitable giving experts available at the Foundation to facilitate your gift and grant needs;
- Ease of use: 24/7 online, secure access to account information and gift history, plus make gifts and grants online and on the go via your mobile device;
- Simplified tax reporting: hassle-free record keeping and tax reporting, with quarterly and year-end statements detailing all account activity;
- Give anonymously, if you choose: grants can be made in your name or anonymously; and
- It’s free! No minimum deposit or balance required and no fees.
More information about The Dayton Foundation’s Charitable Checking Account℠ Service is available in our brochures, The Charitable Checking Account℠ Service and in Guidelines for Using Your Charitable Checking Account℠.
IN HER WORDS
“Because you pay no direct fees to use your Charitable Checking Account℠ and given the level and quality of service provided by The Dayton Foundation, I am happy to recommend the service to my clients.”
– Belinda A. (Lynn) Burns, donor and owner, Burns Tax Consulting, LLC