Celebrating 100 Years!
From 1921 to today, The Dayton Foundation has been helping people help others in Greater Dayton and beyond! From an initial gift of $250,000 from the Patterson family, to more than $1 billion in assets as of March 31, 2022, The Dayton Foundation is upholding the dream to help individuals help others in Greater Dayton and beyond.
In celebration of our 100th Anniversary (1921 to 2021), The Dayton Foundation launched a year-long Centennial Celebration highlighting 100 Years of Helping You Help Others. Thank you to everyone who followed along with the celebration. This section will serve as a historical place on our website for this landmark year. Continue to discover interesting facts about the Foundation, including a timeline cataloging highlights from the past 100 years, links to centennial news, and stories from our 100 Gifts to the Community campaign.
100 Years of Helping You Help Others. The Dayton Foundation’s 2019-2020 Report to the Community.
To view the Foundation’s 2019-2020 financial highlights and more extensive annual report information, including descriptions of Foundation endowed funds, click here.
The Centennial Culmination event was a night remember! Watch our highlight video from the event, below. Read more about the event.
Centennial Celebration Sponsors
with Partner sponsors Buckingham Advisors and Fifth Third Bank.
Supporting sponsors include:^ top of page
- Centennial Culmination Event Was a Night to Remember!
- Dayton Foundation to mark centennial of public philanthropy
- Dayton Foundation giving surpasses $1B
- Milestone marks Dayton Foundation’s support to community
- The Dayton Foundation plans 100 gifts for 100 causes
- Dayton Foundation celebrates centennial with 100 gifts
- The Dayton Foundation embarks on new era as its reaches 100 years
- The Dayton Foundation on Miami Valley View
- The Dayton Foundation, Celebrating 100 Years of Giving! - A Greater Dayton with Dan Edwards