Is My Organization Eligible for a Grant?
Please take a moment to review the following discretionary grant eligibility qualifications and guidelines to determine whether or not your organization is eligible to apply for a discretionary grant from The Dayton Foundation.
To be eligible for a grant, your organization must:
- be recognized as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization, according to the Internal Revenue Code, and be established for at least two years and have a track record of sustainability,
- benefit the citizens in the Greater Dayton Region, (Montgomery, Miami, Greene, Darke, Preble and Warren (north) counties),
- have a diversity/inclusion policy,
- demonstrate systemic collaboration, and
- address needs that are not met fully by existing organizational or community resources.
DISCRETIONARY GRANT GUIDELINES
The Foundation gives priority to projects that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- provide for more efficient use of community resources, promote coordination, cooperation and sharing among organizations and reduce the duplication of services in our community;
- test or demonstrate new approaches and techniques for solving important community problems;
- promote volunteer participation and citizen involvement in community affairs; and
- strengthen not-for-profit agencies and institutions by reducing operating costs, increasing public financial support and/or improving internal management.
We generally do not award discretionary grants for:
In addition, multi-year commitments rarely are considered.
Now that you know if your organization is eligible for a Dayton Foundation discretionary grant, learn how you can apply.^ top of page
HERE TO HELP
“We encourage those organizations planning to apply for a discretionary grant to attend our discretionary grants program orientation. There also are a number of endowed funds at The Dayton Foundation that not-for-profit organizations may apply to for grants. Click here for more information.”
– Barbra Stonerock, vice president, Community Engagement, (937) 225-9951