- Leadership Initiatives
- You Make a Difference – Grants in Action
- Foundation Grant Awards
- Discretionary Grant Recipients
Foundation Grant Awards Support the Community
In fiscal year 2016-17, The Dayton Foundation and our donors awarded more than $46.5 million in grants and charitable distributions to support worthy causes in Greater Dayton and beyond. More than 328,000 grants totaling $867 million has been awarded from more than 3,500 Foundation funds to benefit a wide range of not-for-profit organizations and initiatives throughout the region and around the world. That says a great deal about our donors’ commitment to making a difference for the future of this community.
- In the most recent ranking of 800 community foundations nationwide, The Dayton Foundation ranked: 44th in the U.S. in grants (total dollars) made,
- Growth in grants and charitable distributions from $4 million in 1980 to $46.5 million in the 2016-17 fiscal year,
- Second among all community foundations nationwide in the number of charitable funds under management - more than community foundations in New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago.
Grants by Major Purpose
See a listing of the Foundation’s recent discretionary grant awards.
Click here for a complete listing of our Discretionary Grant Recipients.
How to apply for a grant will tell you more about The Dayton Foundation’s discretionary grantmaking program and assist not-for-profit organizations in the grant application process.
HERE TO HELP
“Have a question about the initiatives and programs making an impact in our community? We can help.”
– Barbra Stonerock, vice president, Community Engagement, (937) 225-9951