Note: Due to the large size of this listing, it has been broken into multiple pages. Click on this pull-down menu to select the part of the alphabetical listing you wish to view.
Calvary Cemetery Beautification and Preservation Fund and Calvary Cemetery Sacred Art Fund – 2013 help to uphold a longstanding tradition of preserving the beauty and grounds of this 200-acre Catholic cemetery established in 1872. Grants from these funds also help the cemetery acquire and maintain religious monuments, statues and works of art.
Campus Ministry at Wright State University Fund – 1999 will provide for general maintenance of and capital improvements for the Campus Ministry facilities at this local university.
Cancer Prevention Institute Legacy Endowment Fund – 2004 furthers the Institute’s mission to provide cancer research, prevention education and screenings, as well as outreach programs.
Lena Cantor Family Fund – 2003 was established through a bequest by Lena Cantor in memory of her brother, Samuel, and their parents, Louis S. and Rose S. Cantor, to assist Dayton-area homeless people. Lena Cantor was a former president of the Residents' Council at Covenant House, which serves at-risk and homeless youth. She also was an avid lover of music and gave generously to the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra for many years.
The Carillon Trust – 1986 subsidizes operating costs of Carillon Historical Park and the Deeds Carillon. The fund was initiated by Col. Edward A. Deeds, co-founder of Delco and later chairman of NCR Corporation, and subsequently transferred to the Foundation.
Caring Families Fund – 1995 provides operating revenue for Caring Families, Inc., to help prevent normal family challenges from growing into crisis situations.
Carlisle Family Foundation – 2016 established by Tom and Elaine Carlisle, honors the memories of their sons, Andy and Dan Carlisle, by awarding grants to support scholarships for graduates of Northmont High School and educational enhancements for Northmont’s pre-K through sixth grade students.
Caspar Family Fund – 2012 furthers the philanthropic interests of the Caspar family by awarding grants to chosen nonprofits.
Victor J. Cassano, Sr., Unrestricted Fund – 2003 provides unrestricted dollars to The Dayton Foundation to help meet emerging community needs. Victor Cassano, Sr., founded and owned Cassano’s Pizza and Subs.
Hampden W. and Erma R. Catterton Fund – 1991 provides charitable support for performing arts and cultural organizations within the Dayton and Miami Valley area. The donors had a strong commitment to the Dayton community. Hampden W. Catterton, a successful insurance agent, and his wife, Erma, moved to Dayton in the 1940s.
David and Mary Ann Cavanaugh Fund – 2001 benefits educational, religious and social service organizations, as recommended by the donors.
Centennial Park Fund – 1984 supports the metropolitan park near the Great Miami River that was established to honor NCR Corporation on its centennial.
Chamber Music Yellow Springs Endowment Fund – 2008 continues the tradition of bringing world class chamber music to the community by providing an annual concert series, end-of-season competition venue for the stars of tomorrow and outreach programs for schools.
Chaminade Julienne High School Endowment Fund – 1987 benefits projects in this Catholic center–city educational environment through scholarship and salary and tuition assistance.
The Ken and Peg Champney Family Fund – 2003 enabled the donors to get maximum tax benefit in a year of windfall income and to distribute to charities over time.
Chance Family Charitable Fund – 2011 supports worthy causes in Dayton and Miamisburg. Danette and Andy Chance, along with their daughters, Megan and Ashley, have a special interest in education and separately manage the Dr. Jane Chance Education Scholarship Fund through the Miamisburg Schools Education Foundation of The Dayton Foundation.
Charch and Hale Memorial Fund – 1985 generates income to be applied toward various expenses incurred by the Faith United Church of Christ, formerly the Hale United Church of Christ. The fund’s creator, Anna Elizabeth Charch, was a Dayton schoolteacher and granddaughter of William Hale.
Children’s Charitable and Educational Trust Fund – 1967 benefits children and youth. William Henry Zwiesler, a photoengraver at Dayton Process Engravers and a collector of art books and medallions, created the fund.
The Children’s Medical Center of Dayton Fund – 2007 provides annual, unrestricted operating revenue for the region’s only dedicated pediatric hospital.
Fund for Children – 1988 enhances Montgomery County Children Services Board’s ability to protect children who are abused, neglected and dependent.
Choices in Community Living Fund - 2022 provides residential programming and advocacy options for a diverse population of citizens with disabilities.
W. A. Chryst Fund – 1995 provides unrestricted income to meet changing community needs in memory of William A. Chryst, an engineer who worked with Charles F. Kettering at Delco in the early days. The fund was founded by the estate of his daughter, Phyllis C. Fouts, an avid community volunteer.
CITYFOLK Jazznet and Permanence Funds – 1998 provide grants to the University of Dayton, for projects consistent with the mission of CityFolk, a former Dayton arts organization that promoted access and exposure to the best in folk, ethnic and traditional arts.
Civitan Club of Dayton – 2004 supports organizations that provide programs or services for individuals with disabilities or at-risk youth. Established in 1921, the Civitan Club of Dayton is dedicated to improving the community through service and fellowship.
David H. and Edith W. Clark Family Fund – 1995 provides annual unrestricted revenue for four charitable, health and human service organizations, as designated by the donors. David Clark, a former employee of Frigidaire, and his wife, Edith, were active members of Jamestown United Methodist Church.
The Philip D. Clawson Family Scholarship Fund – 2005 honors the memory of this Harrison Township toolmaker, who valued education and the opportunities it offers individuals. This scholarship provides financial assistance to graduating Tippecanoe High School seniors.
Cleary Family Fund - 2016 supports the charitable interests of Drs. Barbara and Michael Cleary by awarding grants to nonprofit organizations. Former owners and founders of PQ Systems, the Clearys were married for 50 years before Michael‘s passing in 2014.
Joseph T. Cline Awards Fund – 1984 honors the father of fund founder Carolynne H. Cline. Joseph Cline was a British–born optometrist and founder of People’s Bank (now PNC Bank). The fund provides cash awards to City of Dayton employees who exhibit excellence and dedication in their work.
Madge Cloppert Fund for the Senior Citizens Center of Greater Dayton – 1989 helps pay annual membership dues for older adults who would not otherwise be able to participate in the activities of the center.
Coffman Family YMCA Endowment Fund – 2012 provides unrestricted operating revenue for this YMCA of Greater Dayton branch serving Southern Montgomery and Northern Warren counties. The YMCA is a cause-driven organization that supports youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Fund for the Mound Cold War Discovery Center – 2021 awards grants to Dayton History to support the Mound Cold War Discovery Center. As the nation’s first permanent Atomic Energy Commission site, Mound Laboratory in Miamisburg was an innovative research site from 1948-1995 that developed and manufactured the initiators of the earl atomic bomb.
John E. and Jean M. Coleman Fund – 1992 provides annual operating support for the Dayton and Montgomery County Public Library and the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery. John Coleman was an attorney who served on the board of the museum for more than 30 years. His wife, Jean, was a civic leader and trustee of the library for over 20 years.
Collett Family Fund for Sharon United Methodist Church – 1999 supports the programs and services of Sharon United Methodist Church in Wilmington. Don and Virginia Collett established Collett Hardware and Propane in the Wilmington and Xenia areas in 1947.
Collett Family Scholarship Fund in Honor of the Classes of 1938, 1940 and 1942 – 1999 honors Don, Charles and Gene Collett, brothers and graduates of Waynesville High School, by awarding scholarships to Waynesville graduates attending an accredited college or university.
Community Foundation for Kettering Fund – 2001 was established through a generous donation from Kettering resident Lucille Seitz to foster cultural enhancements and quality of life improvements benefiting the citizens of Kettering. The fund will provide support when public funding is not readily available. Mrs. Seitz established the fund in memory of her husband, Frank H. Seitz.
Community Foundation of Miami Township Fund – 1998 was created by a group of township residents to support cultural, recreational, social, charitable and educational enhancement in the community.
Virginia Conlogue Scholarship Fund – 2001 provides unrestricted funds for The Dayton Foundation, as well as scholarships through the Dayton Montgomery County Scholarship Program. Virginia Conlogue was a Dayton City Schools teacher for over 40 years.
Dayton Contemporary Dance Company Endowment Fund – 2022 provides annual income for this culturally diverse contemporary dance company, which is committed to reaching the broadest audience through exceptional performance and arts-integrated education.
Philip B. and Katy W. Conway Fund – 1987 provides income to five local organizations, as directed by the estate of Katy Conway. She was the first woman to work at the Atomic Energy Commission Lab at Runnymede in Oakwood.
COVID-19 Response for Greater Dayton Fund – 2020 was established by The Dayton Foundation and United Way of the Greater Dayton Area, along with a coalition of philanthropic, government and other individual partners in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This fund distributes resources to nonprofit and community-based organizations that are providing basic human needs during the coronavirus outbreak, particularly for disadvantaged individuals and families in the Dayton Region.
Beverly E. Cowden Opera Endowment Fund – 2017 distributes income to the Dayton Performing Arts Alliance for the benefit of the Dayton Opera. Beverly Cowden, a former member of the Opera Guild of Dayton, was a longtime supporter of musical arts and education.
Rayman A. and Elizabeth A. Coy Fund – 2000 remembers these two community leaders and benefits several social service, cultural and aviation organizations. Co–founders of Rack Processing Company, Rayman Coy and his wife, Elizabeth Heinrich Coy, were charter members of the Aviation Hall of Fame.
Cox Arboretum Foundation Legacy Endowment Fund – 2004 will aid in the operations and facilities of this 189-acre public garden that is enjoyed each year by over 250,000 visitors, who come to escape, discover and grow.
Carol Fox Creager Fund – 1997 yields income to help purchase speech/language materials for United Cerebral Palsy of Dayton and Montgomery County. The late Thomas A. Creager created this fund in memory of his wife, Carol, a speech/language pathologist, who for 45 years helped individuals overcome their speech/language disorders.
Cricket Holler Permanent Endowment Fund – 2004 helps maintain the grounds and facilities of this Miami Valley Council Boy Scouts camp in Dayton.
Francis Crosthwaite Fund – 1987 was created by a retired railroad worker who had a strong commitment to doing the best possible for the community. The fund is part of The Dayton Foundation’s discretionary grants program and provides funding to various charitable organizations that help children.
While the size and purpose of each fund is different, our donors share the same goal – to make a difference.