- Becoming a Donor
- For Foundation Donors
- How to Use Your Fund
- Contributing to Your Fund
- Fund Distribution Guidelines
- Connections – Grantmaking Opportunities
- Donor Stories
- Share Your Story
- Current Endowed Funds List
How to Contribute to Your Fund
Once you have established a fund at The Dayton Foundation, it is easy to make additional contributions. Each year, we receive thousands of gifts from donors and other individuals to be credited to a Foundation fund or Charitable Checking Account. Below are a few simple steps to help facilitate the timely processing of your contributions.
Gifts of Stock Held in Your Brokerage Account
1. Before transferring stock, determine whether The Dayton Foundation has an account with your brokerage house.
- We have accounts with many brokerage firms and commissions may vary. If you and your broker are unsure whether an account exists to receive stock transfers, contact Tracie Boshears at (937) 225-9967.
- If your brokerage firm does not have an account for The Dayton Foundation, you may instruct your broker to electronically transfer shares of stock to one of the following with whom we have made arrangements for discounted transaction fees:
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
DTC Number: 0164
Account Number: 2745-5124
Account Name: Dayton Foundation Depository I
JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Please note new account information)
DTC Number: 902
FFC to Account Number: P72500
Account Number: PBD#W26531009
Account Name: The Dayton Foundation
National Financial Services/Fidelity Investments
DTC Number: 0226
Account Number: 173-179990
Account Name: Dayton Foundation Depository, Inc.
2. Provide written instructions to your broker, specifying the number and type of shares to be transferred to The Dayton Foundation. Send a copy to The Dayton Foundation by mail, fax or e-mail. You also may contact Tracie Boshears directly.
3. Be sure to let us know the name and number of the endowed fund or Charitable Checking Account at The Dayton Foundation that will be credited with the gift.
4. Please be patient! It can take five to seven days for the proceeds from the sale of the securities to be made available in your Foundation fund or account.
Gifts Using Checks or Money Orders
1. Checks should be made payable to The Dayton Foundation, Inc.
2. Please note the fund or account name and number on the memo line of the check or in an attached letter.
3. You may mail or drop off checks or money orders (For safety reasons, we recommend that you do not mail gifts of cash.) to our offices located at 40 N. Main Street, Suite 500, Dayton, Ohio, 45423, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Gifts of Mutual Funds
Please contact Tracie Boshears to make a gift of mutual fund shares.
Gifts of Credit Card
1. You can use your VISA, MasterCard or American Express credit card to contribute to any Dayton Foundation fund or Charitable Checking Account online.
2. Once your transaction is completed, The Dayton Foundation will mail you a letter acknowledging your contribution. Gifts into your own account will be available for distribution to the charities of your choice in approximately three to five business days.
All Other Types of Gifts (i.e., gifts of real estate, S Corp stock, etc.)
Please contact a member of The Dayton Foundation Development Department at (937) 222-0410 to discuss the details of such a proposed gift.
Have questions about the types of distributions you can make from your fund? Review our Fund Distribution Guidelines.
HERE TO HELP
“Have a question about awarding a grant from your fund or finding a charity that meets your charitable interests? We can help.”
– Diane Timmons vice president, Grants and Programs, (937) 225-9966